Generally, every tax-exempt organization whose annual gross receipts are $50,000 or less must file Form 990-N online which is also referred as e-postcard. Form 990-N must be filed electronically between July 1 and November 15, for the fiscal year that ends on June 30.
Required Information to File IRS Form 990-N
In order to file IRS 990-N, you are required to fill a set of information to complete the process. Check out the following information that you need to file e-Postcard online.
- Employee Identification Number (EIN) which is commonly referred as Tax Identification Number.
- Tax year for which you are filing e-postcard.
- Your organization’s legal name and other names if any.
- Organization’s mailing address and website address if available.
- Name and mailing address of the principal officer of the organization.
- Confirmation document that supports organization’s annual gross receipts are $50,000 or less.
- A statement proof that states the organization has terminated or is in process of terminating.
Complete IRS Form 990-N using Step by Step Guide
Completing IRS Form 990-N with etax990-n is simple and can be done in minutes. Just follow the steps to submit the e-Postcard online.
- Add your business profile along with Principal Officer Information.
- Complete the form with simple Tax Information.
- Review and Submit Form 990-N online.
- Online Secured Payments
Step 1: Business Information
- Add your business information which includes Creation Date, Business Name, Tax Id, Start Filing and History.
- As mentioned in the Requirement section, fill the details of EIN, Business Name, DBA Name (Doing Business As), Business Website Address, and Business Mailing Address.
- Next, you need to fill the details about the Principal Officer such as Officer Type, Officer Name, And Officer Mailing Address.
Step 2: Tax Information
- Mention if you are a paid preparer, and opt Yes or No, before filing the Tax Information.
- Tax information includes Tax year Beginning year & Month, Tax Year End Year & Month.
- Check the Option Terminated, Out of Business under the Tax Information if you are planning to terminate your business.
- Select the option Gross Receipt; if your organization’s annual gross receipt is $50,000 or less.
Step 3: Review and Submit
- After entering all the required information, review the filled information.
- And then click the submit button to proceed with the payment.
Step 4: Payment
- Check the Filing Fee Amount and enter the Credit Card Information which includes Name on card, Credit Card Number, Credit card Expiry Date, CVV Number.
- Enter the Billing Information too.
- And Click Pay Now so that you are authorizing Etax99n to charge your credit card.
Note: An organization must file an information return and if it fails to do so for 3 consecutive years, then the tax-exempt status will be lost by the organization on the due date of third missed filed year. In order to reinstate the tax-exempt status of the organization, you must reapply for the tax-exempt status and must pay the appropriate user fee.
Etax990n ensures to keep the filed information and payment details safe and secured. We value our customers and striving hard to achieve better results. Etax990n has 24/7 online support and you can reach our customer representatives through 703 229 0326 or mail us at email@example.com.